Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Growing Up

In the past couple of years I have noticed an alarming trend. I seem to be growing up. I am now a woman with a real Bank account, I have a car payment, I am looking into relegated to purchase. I have recently made an appointment to see a lawyer to have a will drawn up. I am trying to repair a lot of mistakes I've made in my past.
I guess I watched my friends either grow up or pretend to grow up. One friend, who would swear she was an exceptional Adult, is the most childish person I've ever met. She has 4 kids, who she swears are killing her 1/2 the time. A perfectly nice husband, who she always thrashes and undercut. A house in a nice town, which she hates because it isn't as clean as she would like all the time. With all that she would seem to be a Grown up, but in reality everything that is wrong in her life is someone else's fault and she regresses to our High School Years at the drop of a hat. I really do feel sorry for her and I have to admit I have pretty much totally pulled away from her in the past couple of years.
Then I have the friend who really has grown up (Not that she would wear a serious expression in the middle of July) She has a decent Job that although she occationally Bitches about I believe she really thrives on. She has made a place for herself in the world without having to depend on all sorts of other people. Yet she is still a part of my and many others lives. She takes responsibility for herself and her life and she seems to be happy in most of her choices.
The second friend is the one I strive to be more like. I had a small short circuit for a while and before that I had no reason to be serious about much of anything, but now I have a son and a fairly respectable job and I use the word Heiney a lot.
Here is to the RedHead from Blondilocks, thanks for making me think about what I want to be when I grow up.

By the way, on a different note, their was a huge industrial waste incident on my head, please pray for me to get normal hair color back soon!!!!

1 comment:

the muse said...

And here's to you, Blondilocks, with all the challenges you have overcome in the last few years. I am surprised that you think you are not quite "grown up" - you just don't realize that you are. (Who does, really?) You have made the tough choices and faced the tough things and you've done what you needed to do... which in my oh-so-humble opinion makes you a grown up.

Here's to you, Blondilocks. To quote the old ad, you've come a long way, baby. And I'm so proud of you. And I'm so glad that you're part of my life.

By the way, chickie baby, what did you do to your hair? I'm afraid to even ask! Here's to Miss Clairol!