Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Job

So I'm actually out of class on the new job, and calling customers. Earlier today I had a minor breakdown and had to get a "Snickers" bar. I had like 20 customers that hated their last rep so much they quit ordering from us, and some things we are the only company who sells unless you go to a dealer and pay more!!!! I was so disgusted and I was just kind of Gloomy and so I called my house and spoke to my financial advisor. He told me to invest in candy (And to bring some home to him) so I got the candy bar of the gods (No blasphemy really intended, just sort of marginally). I felt much better this afternoon, so I sold about 14K in product, plus all the other order that came in and were placed by others for my territory. It was a very productive afternoon, and I really like my job, so I guess I'll just have to keep my advisor on retainer. Have a great time people, Life is to damn short to skip a good candy bar now and then :)

3 comments:

the muse said...

Congrats on "graduating" to actually calling customers! I see you have also learned one of my mantras - "chocolate will make me feel better." I find that no matter what the problem, just a little bit of chocolate will make things seem better. Although... margaritas seem to work just as well...

Meg said...

Candy bars, cookies. & diet coke kept me employeed in jobs that I hated for a long time-- do what you gotta do to get by is my motto.

Sounds like your a pro-- you always excell at these jobs that I would suck at! I"m proud of ya kid.

amber said...

gotta love chocolate--and hey--you can drive safely after consuming some AND partake on the job! :0)

I second the congratulations as well!