Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Santa Screw-UP

As my wonderful son sat on the floore sreaming "I'm surrounded by Toys!!", it occured too me that Santa was evil! That fat old troll had brought my kid so many toys that I was going to have to purchas a house just to have enough space for them. It was like a bulb going off in my head, dummy you over bought!! Joey would have been just as Happy with 1/2 the gifts, but I could afford to go nuts and I did. It wasn't just my son, but he was probably the biggest recipient of my "I have money and way to much time on my hands" syndrome. I have more Christmas spirit this year than I have in a while, and I managed to get throu the holday it's self without argueing with any family members. I got to make a lot of children at a soup kitchen happy, and I to smack one man their for grabbing my booty. I kept busy, found a lot of extra time and lost a lot of sleep (Well the time had to come from somewhere!!). And now it is all over, and again for the first time in a long time I don't feel a particular let down after the holiday either. I had to come to work this morning with a walkie talkie (to see if it would work this far from home) and I had to pick my mom up because my brother cracked his tie rod (No big blow ups with Bro, thank God). And through the whole day after christmas eeek, I am still pretty happy and soothed. Maybe Santa isn't Evil, maybe I just need to learn to limit the toy giving, then again maybe I just need a bigger house!!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Missy, I'm really happy that you had a good holiday! I'm also really happy that i got to ring in the New Year with you! Thanks for coming out to play!

Andrew said...

Missy- there is no such thing as too much holiday cheer! So good to see you last weekend.