Sunday, May 21, 2006

Life as I see it

So this weekend was great. Joey and I went to Busy woods, he rode his bike and I hiked after him (Oh for the love of Mike I need to get a bike!!) We probobly went about 1 or 2 miles in all. We walked down by the lake and saw all the fishing people. We had lunch. It was all very peacful and calm, in other words 5 years ago it probably would have driven me cravy. I would have had to turn on a loud radio or do something totally off the wall, but I find that I totally love quiet time with my son. Today I realized that I know a woman who never ever plays with her daughter. Basically she is the mother and the child is the daughter, their is no "Playing". Joey and I were having a wresteling match in the yard and this woman was basically agast that I was rolling around on the ground getting all muddy (Boy did she miss it the rainy day Joey and I went on our worm rescue mission) and generally haveing a great time with Joey. I love my son, nobody can ever try and say diffrently, but I also like my son, and to me that is just as important.
Joey knows when I am being MOM and he acts accordingly (Basicaly only listening when he chooses to), but he also knows that mom will be their for a wresteling match or a sword fight in the yard. I'm not one of those moms who wants to be his friend, my kid deserves a real mommy, not a buddy. I just want top be a mom he is comfortable being with, I don't want him to feel he always has to be great around me, I just love him as himself.
Thats the part I hope to God he always remembers!!!

No comments: